- From multi-country strategic initiatives to local interventions, David advised many top pharma companies on account management projects, i.e. AbbVie, Daiichi Sankyo, MSD, Napp, Sanofi, Shire, Teva and Warner Chilcott.
- Author of The successful implementation of KAM to increase stakeholder satisfaction, market share and profitability (FC Business Intelligence, 2012), David chaired and presented in the last 10 years at many international events focused on KAM in pharma.
- Founder and Director of Imonic, a consultancy specialised in Strategic Account Management.
By Attending This Course, You Will
- Master the critical success factors of a KAM programme in pharma’s complex business environment.
- Know how to drive KAM excellence through your organisation, using the KAM Inside/Outside model as a guide for strategic decision making and process design.
- Be equipped with new tools and techniques to improve the robustness of your company’s approach to KAM.
- Learn how to make KAM excellence sustainable within your organisation.
- Gain insights on how KAM has been successfully implemented in other pharma companies, as well as in non-pharma industry sectors.
- Have the opportunity to discuss issues and exchange experiences and points of view, on KAM excellence, with a leading KAM expert and your industry peers.
Why You Should Attend
KAM in the pharma industry is complex and it is no secret that pharma companies have found it difficult to maintain sustainable success with KAM programmes in increasingly complex healthcare systems with progressively more demanding customers.
The Content: Unlike other KAM courses that focus on managing accounts, this course addresses the higher-level (affiliate, regional or global) strategic decisions and business process designs for sustainable success across the organisation. It also deals with the complexities in moving to a multi-functional approach, encompassing Market Access, Medical Science Liaison, Sales …. This course is rich in critical tools, alongside first-hand experience and real examples, all of which will equip you to dramatically improve the capability of your organisation to manage and grow high value strategic accounts.
The Expert: David’s expertise is unparalleled, as it is based on both academic KAM research (incl. significant KAM industry research in pharma) and consulting work for some of the world’s top pharma organisations on multi-country KAM programmes. David has over 20 years’ experience in leading KAM programmes across multiple complex and highly regulated sectors that include Pharma, Aerospace, IT, Utilities and Automotive. David has both chaired and presented at international KAM conferences.
Strategic Account Management in Pharma is the only available public training course delivered by David Wright on this topic.
Agenda of the Strategic Account Management in Pharma course
Day 1 – Strategic Decisions
Welcome & Audience Expectations
KAM Fundamentals & Challenges in Pharma
Plenary discussion: KAM challenges in pharma – Why is implementation and sustainability difficult?
The KAM Inside/Out Framework for Driving KAM Excellence
(The modules in the rest of the training will focus on the most critical steps of this 8-level model)
Developing a Powerful Vision & Strategy for Leadership
Individual exercise: Delegates will be given the opportunity to think about developing a vision & strategy for their own organisation, using the templates, tools & techniques taught during the theoretical lectures
Ensuring Strategic Account Prioritisation Across the Organisation
Collaboration & Engagement Models for Strategic Accounts
Critical Competencies to Support KAM
Summary Review and Q&A
Close of Day 1
Day 2 - Critical Processes & Implementation
Refresh of day 1 and Q&A
Effectively Dealing with Strategic Account Data in Pharma
Pharma Account Analysis and Setting Direction
Group Exercise on Account Analysis
Utilising case-study-data, delegates get to experience key processes and useful analytical tools for building opportunities and increasing the innovation of in-field individuals or team
Focussing on Triple-win Opportunities
Best Practice in Account & Stakeholder Engagement Planning
Change Management and Sustainability
Group Exercise on Change Management and Sustainability
|Using a quick-fire business game, delegates will compete in teams to identify organisational and/or account KPIs that would indicate a good sense of success within a KAM Excellence Programme|
Course Review and Q&A
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
This training programme is built around an 8-level model, which you can use afterwards in your company. Individual sessions either focus on the theory behind a critical step in the model or are exercises during which you can practice the tools & techniques.
Based on strong external benchmarks on what constitutes best practice, David will help you evaluate your company’s practice, gaps and strengths.
And last but not least, as many sessions combine interactive lectures with group discussion, this course will be a great opportunity for you to exchange experiences and learn from your peers.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any C.E.L.forpharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
This high-level pharma KAM course is primarily aimed at the Leadership Team, Commercial Excellence Executives, Business Unit Heads, Learning & Development Heads, as well as Functional Heads (Medical, Market Access, Sales, etc.) with responsibility for:
- Advising, running or implementing KAM programmes
- Getting an existing KAM programme back on track
- Moving to a multi-functional in-field organisation as part of their go-to-market model
As this course is delivered by David Wright from Imonic - a leading pharma consultancy company, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Head of Business Operations, for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
As this is the first session of the Strategic Account Management in Pharma course, there is no past participants list available.
Dates & Locations
6-7 December 2018, Brussels
This course takes place at the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel which is located 15 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle or taxi and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
Address: Avenue des Olympiades 6, 1140 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 337 08 08
If you want to be informed on additional dates, please send an e-mail to Annelies Swaan
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, C.E.L.forpharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Programme Coordinator (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- A Group Dinner on the First Day
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Expert
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company. Contact Annelies Swaan, Head of Business Operations, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer / invoice or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing a pro-forma invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Britt De Cat.
(email: email@example.com or call: +32 2 709 01 44)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Cancelling 5 weeks or more prior to the course: cancellation fee of €250 per participant.
- Cancelling 4 to 3 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Cancelling 14 to 7 working days prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 7 working days or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for paid registration fees.