Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans
- Europe’s most entertaining health economics and HTA expert.
- A unique profile: an academic professor, past-president ISPOR, consultant and former pharma executive.
- Sought-after advisor and educator to health policy makers and pharma companies.
- Highly respected for his vast international and cross-therapeutic experience.
- Author of Health economics for non-economists (Pelckmans Pro, 2018).
By Attending This Course, You Will
- Learn about the language, key principles and methods of health economic evaluations.
- Know how to interpret the results of health economic evaluations.
- Learn to integrate health economic evaluations in product development, pre-marketing and post launch.
- Gain insight into the perspective of decision makers.
- Ensure alignment of health economics with marketing strategies.
- Understand and avoid the pitfalls of health economic evaluations.
- Gain expert insight and advice from Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans who has conducted health economic evaluations in over 20 countries across a wide spectrum of therapeutic areas.
Why You Should Attend
The Content: This health economics course not only provides you with an explanation of concepts and methods, it also discusses the integration of health economic evaluations in clinical development and brand marketing plans (with practical examples), as well as the perspective of the decision maker - including examples of successful applications of health economic evaluations.
The Expert: Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans, not only has a wide international experience in health economic evaluations (over 200 completed projects with over 30 different pharmaceutical or medical device companies) but also built a very strong reputation within the international pharmaco-economic community as a high-impact trainer. Throughout his career, Lieven has worked in pharmaceutical companies, in health care policy environments, in consultancy and in academic positions.
The Health Economics for Non-Health-Economists course is the only available public training course delivered by Prof. Lieven Annemans on the topic of health economics.
Agenda of the Health Economics for Non-Health-Economists course
Welcome & General Introduction
Health Economic Evaluations: Why and How
Health Economic Modelling – Commonly Used Models
Cost Analysis and Budget Impact Analysis. Key Principles
Guidelines for Health Economic Evaluations
Solution to the Exercise on Guidelines
Prospective Research for Health Economic Evaluations
Use of Health Economic Evaluations in Price & Reimbursement Decision Making
Health Economic Evaluation in a Pharmaceutical Drug’s Life Cycle
Breakout Session: Developing Together a Health Economic Strategy
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
Prof. Lieven Annemans is very experienced in leading interactive sessions and will actively engage participants in discussions. In addition, two exercises will be used to help bring theory into practice.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any C.E.L.forpharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
As the course title suggests, this course is designed for non-health-economists.
As pharma companies are facing ever-increasing hurdles to optimise market access for their brands, all managers in product development and marketing should attend this course so that they can contribute to a successful integration of health economic evaluations into clinical and brand plans.
While most of the examples and exercises discussed in this course are about pharmaceuticals, this course is equally relevant to, and has always been highly valued by (see testimonials), executives from the medical devices industry.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Medical Director Benelux||ALK||Netherlands|
|Director, Global Public Policy & Affairs||AstraZeneca||United Kingdom|
|Sr Medical Director, Regional Medical Affairs Head Immunology, EMEA||Baxalta||Switzerland|
|Head of Health Economics Hospital Care DACH||Baxter||Germany|
|Market Access Manager, Asia Pacific||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Singapore|
|Market Access Manager||Biogen||Ireland|
|Head Market Access & External Affairs||Boehringer Ingelheim||Netherlands|
|Product Manager Immuno-Oncology Switzerland||Bristol-Myers Squibb||Switzerland|
|Manager, Government Relations||Celgene||Belgium|
|Health Outcomes & Pharmacoeconomics Manager||Chiesi||Netherlands|
|Medical Advisor||CSL Behring||Belgium|
|Medical Director, Clinical R&D Gastro||Ferring||Denmark|
|Generics Portfolio & Marketing - Mature & Emerging Markets||Fresenius Kabi||Germany|
|Market Access Manager NL accounts||Genzyme||Netherlands|
|Director Strategic Pricing & Allocations||GlaxoSmithKline||Belgium|
|Senior Director Commercial Assessment||Gruenenthal||Germany|
|Group Therapeutic Area Director||Janssen||Hungary|
|Sr. Principal Product Stewardship, Compliance & EU Packaging||Johnson & Johnson||Belgium|
|RA & Compliance Manager||LEO Pharma||Switzerland|
|EUCAN Customer Engagement / Experience Lead||Merck Sharp & Dohme||Switzerland|
|Market Access Head Franchise Management||Novartis||Germany|
|Sr Global Product Manager||Novo Nordisk||Switzerland|
|International Health Policy Leader||Roche||Switzerland|
|Medical Manager Cardiovascular||Sanofi||Belgium|
|Head of Market Access & Corporate Affaires||Takeda||Switzerland|
|Director, Specialty Life Cycle Initiatives Global Specialty Medicines||Teva||Belgium|
|Director, New Product Planning||UCB||Belgium|
Dates & Locations
26-27 March 2019, Brussels
20-21 June 2019, Brussels
8-9 October 2019, Brussels
17-18 December 2019, Brussels
All the above courses take place at the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel which is located 15 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle or taxi and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
Address: Avenue des Olympiades 6, 1140 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 337 08 08
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, C.E.L.forpharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Programme Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- A Group Dinner on the First Day
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Expert
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company. Contact Annelies Swaan, Head of Business Operations, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer / invoice or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing a pro-forma invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Britt De Cat.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 44)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.