- Across Health’s UK Director and expert on digital and customer-centric innovation in the new go-to-market model of life sciences.
- Strategic advisor to pharma, biotech and medical device companies on multichannel communication programmes at the corporate, regional, and brand level.
- Extensive international experience spanning the clinical, medical and commercial phases of product development across a wide range of therapeutic indications.
By Attending This Course, You Will
- Not miss the opportunities offered by the Internet for digital/cross-channel customer-centric communication in Medical Affairs.
- Be able to design a digital strategy for key disciplines in Medical Affairs: medical education, medical information, KOL management, dissemination of data and clinical trial recruitment.
- Know how to integrate digital initiatives in a balanced Medical Mix while respecting legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Be able to assess the clinical impact of e-medical programmes and how to create KPIs and dashboards to assess the success of your cross-channel activities.
- Learn from well-metricised examples of successful e-medical tactics for physicians, consumers/caregivers and other new stakeholders.
- Be prepared for emerging digital trends that will impact Medical Affairs.
- Receive Across Health’s book Delighting Pharma Customers in the Omnichannel Age.
Why You Should Attend
On one hand, there is a strong need from pharma customers (physicians, but also patients, nurses, (hospital) pharmacists etc.) to receive the latest medical information “anytime, anywhere” – on websites, but also on tablet devices and smartphones. On the other hand, pharma is experiencing cost pressures in the promotional space. As a result, more efforts are being put into blended or pure online offerings, which not only result in budget efficiencies, but will also be preferred by time-pressured customers.
The Content: This course not only provides you with an explanation about concepts and methods but also, and more importantly, it discusses the integration of digital in the overall business strategy and medical plans (with practical examples) as well as the perspective of customers and stakeholders, including several best-practice cases.
The Expert: Our expert-trainer, Ben Harbour, has a wide international experience in integrating digital into pharma companies’ business communication processes. In addition, he has also built up a very strong reputation within the international digital pharma community as high-impact consultant and trainer.
The Strategic e-Medical Affairs Course is the only available public training course delivered by Ben Harbour on the topic of digital strategy for medical affairs.
Agenda of The Strategic e-Medical Affairs Course
Welcome & General Introduction
The Digital Landscape in e-Medical (1): Stakeholder Needs & Trends
The Digital Landscape in e-Medical (2): Where Is Your Company Today?
Designing a Digital Innovation Strategy for Medical Affairs
e-Medical Education: Trends, Best Practices and Case Studies
e-Medical Education: Trends, Best Practices and Case Studies (continued)
Recap of Day 1
Budget Planning and Optimising the Channel Mix
The Empowered Patient
Social Media and Mobile Opportunities
Impact Measurement: ROI and Other KPIs
Emerging Trends in e-Medical
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
Ben Harbour is very experienced in leading interactive sessions and will actively engage participants in discussions and teamwork. In addition, group exercises will be used throughout the workshop to help you put theory into practice.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any C.E.L.forpharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for innovative medical leaders who want to optimise their communication mix and enhance customer-centricity through the selective adoption of digital.
As this course is delivered by Ben Harbour of Across Health - a leading pharma consultancy company, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Head of Business Operations, for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Medical Advisor HCV||Abbvie||Romania|
|Head Regional Medical Liasion||Amgen||Germany|
|Director Medical Communications||Amgen||Switzerland|
|Local Project Coordinator||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Spain|
|Medical Advisor & MSL Coordinator||Boehringer Ingelheim||Spain|
|Global Director Clinical Development and Medical Affairs||Boehringer Ingelheim||Germany|
|VP, Deputy Chief Medical Officer and Head of Publications||Ipsen||United Kingdom|
|Sr VP, Global Medical & Regulatory Sciences, Chief Medical Officer||Ipsen||France|
|Medical Affairs Manager||Janssen||Netherlands|
|Associate Director MSL||Janssen||Belgium|
|Medical Affairs Officer Psychiatry and Diabetes The Netherlands||Janssen||Netherlands|
|Medical Advisor Psychiatry Belgium||Janssen||Belgium|
|Medical Education Manager||Lilly||Switzerland|
|Medical Head Baltics||Novartis||Latvia|
|Head Digital Stategy, Global Medical Afffairs||Novartis||Switzerland|
|Medical advisor GIP Pfizer||Pfizer||Belgium|
|Senior Medical Manager||Pfizer||Italy|
|Regional Medical Manager CNS/Pain, Global Clinical and Medical Affairs||Pfizer||Portugal|
|Senior Clinical Scientist||Roche||Switzerland|
|Head Global Medical Affairs & Compliance Informatics||Roche||Switzerland|
|Scientific Communications Excellence Leader||Roche||Switzerland|
|Medical Affairs Manager||Sanofi||Greece|
|Medical Affairs Manager||Takeda||Belgium|
|Sr. Program Manager, Global Medical Affairs||Takeda||Switzerland|
|Assoc. Director, Medical Affairs Practice Liaison||UCB||Belgium|
|Medical Manager||UCB||United Kingdom|
|Global Medical Affairs Medical Education Nephrology Senior Manager||Vifor Pharma||Switzerland|
Dates & Locations
21-22 March 2019, Brussels
This course takes place at the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel which is located 15 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle or taxi and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
Address: Avenue des Olympiades 6, 1140 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 337 08 08
15-16 October 2019, Zurich
This course takes place at the Hilton Zurich Airport Hotel which is located just five minutes from Zurich Kloten Airport with the complimentary shuttle. Zurich’s vibrant city centre is located only a fifteen minutes’ drive away.
Address: Hohenbuehlstrasse 10, Opfikon-Glattbrugg 8152, Switzerland
Tel: +41 44 828 50 50
10-11 December 2019, London
This course takes place at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel which is located on the perimeter of Heathrow Airport, a short taxi or bus journey from the terminal where the Heathrow Express service to Central London is also situated.
Address: Bath Road, Hounslow, TW6 2AQ, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 20 88 97 63 63
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, C.E.L.forpharmahas secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Programme Coordinator (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- A Group Dinner on the First Day
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Experts
- Book "Delighting Pharma Customers in the Omnichannel Age" by Ruud Kooi, Fonny Schenck & Beverly Smet of Across Health
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company. Contact Annelies Swaan, Head of Business Operations, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer / invoice or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing a pro-forma invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Britt De Cat.
(email: email@example.com or call: +32 2 709 01 44)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.